Lights And Waves

Lights And Waves
The Night Muse

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Dream of an Insomniac

Soft colors of an artificial night

Burning in my eyes

Keeping watch for my soul

Lest those lurking demons come claim it

I know they hide behind the shadows

And they wait for a moment of inattention

And whoosh!

Bells clang – clang – clang –clang!

Winds whoosh – whoosh – whoosh – whoosh!

My night, my beloved solitude is raped!

I hate, I hate, I hate the light!

Penetrating gaze of a heartless judge …

I don’t have the witnesses and the proofs to prove my case

They cut out my tongue, I can’t speak.

So scared, so worried, so paranoid –

Let me hold myself tight and protect myself from me

Let me sing me a lullaby, let me rock myself to sleep

And while I sleep, I’ll stay awake and guard my precious myself

From the lurking demons, hiding behind the shadows –

So that I can have a sweet dream …

And dream of the soft colors of the artificial night.

No comments:

Post a Comment